Guest Post – Our host is Jack Meyer, in this post Jack has listed 17 inspirational ideas for blog post topics.See How To Become a guest author on Spice Up Your Blog.
After you have written a few hundred blog posts, you start to come up empty on ideas. In fact, your ideas seem to be the same ones over and over again. Why not spice things up? Here are some new, fresh ideas for your next blog post:
1) At Home – Did you know that rubber bands last longer when you refrigerate them? Things for around the house get a lot of traffic. That is because everyone needs help keeping their home clean and in order. Use that to bring new readers to your blog.
2) How-Tos – Did you know that peanuts are one of the ingredients that make up dynamite? Giving people instructions on how to fix, build, or create something is a great way to provide useful information and really gain readers. A simple how-to guide can bring you tons of new traffic and it lasts forever!
3) Money – Did you know that there are 293 ways to make change for one dollar? Money is big on everyone’s list. Making money, saving money, and even spending money are great topics for your next blog post. You have to do it too, so why not share your tips and secrets to success?
4) Writing – Did you know that on average your left hand will do 56% of the typing? Writing for a blog, for work, for fun, or for profit is a huge market. If you can help people to write better, write clearer, or be more profitable with their writing then you will get a lot of new followers to your blog. After all, who is going to be hanging around blogs the most? Writers of blogs!
5) Law – Did you know that sharks are the only fish that can blink with both eyes? Legal issues trouble everyone and those shark lawyers are usually not much help. If you have experience with a legal issue or just a story you can tell you might be able to help someone else out of a jam. You have to be careful not to give legal advice unless you are qualified, but you can always tell your legal stores that you have experienced.
6) Fear – Did you know that there are more chickens in the world than people? A lot of people have issues with fear and anxiety. Face it, a lot of us are just plain chicken. But if you have overcome fear in your life or found a new way of dealing with it, then that can make a great blog post.
7) Languages – Did you know that the longest one syllable word in the English language is the word screeched? Learning new languages is not easy, especially if you are trying to learn English. There are tons of people out there who could use a little advice from native speakers. Whether you post videos, sound files, or just give grammar tips, your help will be greatly appreciated.
8) Travel – Did you know that on a Canadian two dollar bill the flag flying over the parliament building is an American flag? Travel is a huge business and you can cash in on it. Tell about where you have been, where you want to go, and why you want to go there. Talk about good experiences and bad ones, things you would do differently, and great places to stay and eat. Even if you have never left your home town you can still give advice to people coming to visit it!
9) Entertainment – Did you know that all of the clocks in the movie “Pulp Fiction” are stuck on 4:20? Movies, music, television, books and more are always hot topics. Whether you talk about the latest gossip, the hottest band, or the coolest new action thriller, you will get readers. Throw in some trailers or funny clips and you have a great blog post.
10) Poetry – Did you know that no word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver, or purple? You do not have to rhyme to create a poem, but poems are a great way to show off your creative side. They can be short or long, serious or funny, but poetry is another idea for a blog post.
11) Dreams – Did you know that the word dreamt is the only word in the English language that ends in the letters “mt”? Dreams are intensely personal and sometimes just intense. They can be images of real life or twisted and convoluted horror stories. People want advice on how to interpret them, what they mean, and what they should do about them. Even more realistic dreams cans serve to give us new ideas or new inspiration.
12) Health – Did you know that almonds are a member of the peach family? Best of all, they are both great for you. Health, wellness, and dieting are huge markets. People want to live long, healthy lives. If you have exercise advice, a diet that worked for you or even a gym you love to go to then share it with the world.
13) Disasters – Did you know that there are only four words in the English language that end in “dous”? Those words are tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous. Disasters are sad, but they do happen. You can use them to your advantage, however, if you catch them in time. Document people’s reactions in your area, put your twist on the news stories, or tell us what you think was the culprit behind it. From earthquakes to tsunamis to school shootings, there is always something to talk about.
14) Pets – Did you know that a cat has 32 muscles in each ear? Cats, dogs, birds, hamsters, lizards, and even snakes make for great blog posts. People love their pets and love to talk about them. From health advice to training tips to just funny moments, this topic will bring readers in by the handfuls.
15) Memory – Did you know that an ostrich’s eye is bigger than its brain? It is a good thing the same can’t be said for people. But many people do have issues with their memory. They forget things, overlook things, or just can’t seem to keep it all together. If you have tips on ways to improve their thinking, make it easier to keep everything going strong, or even vitamins and minerals that support brain health and function, then this is a great blog post idea for you.
16) Beauty – Did you know that tigers have striped skin and not just striped fur? Women especially flock to blog posts about makeup, hairstyles, and skin tips. If you have a lipstick you love, a moisturizer you swear by, or an easy way to cure split ends, then share it. It does not have to be products you buy in the store. Natural remedies and home cures work great too.
17) Advertisements – Did you know that in most advertisements the time displayed on any watch or clock shown is 10:10? Ads are a huge part of everyone’s life. From customers to businesses, we all know about ads. Maybe you have a new ad concept or strategy. Maybe you want to help people to be smart about what they buy and why they buy it. Maybe you know how to block ads on your mobile device or add ads to your website. Share this information with the world!
These are just a few ideas for great blog post topics. Some of them you may have already thought of, but I am sure most of them are brand new ideas for you. Try them out and see what you can use on your blog. Remember that you can twist these ideas to fit nearly any blog topic, so have fun and get writing!