30 Best Free WordPress Themes Of 2012

Posted : Tuesday, July 10, 2012 | Post Author : Paul Crowe | 160 comments

We are over half way through 2012 so it’s about time we looked at what WordPress Theme designers have been up to.At the start of the year we published the very popular 25 Best Free WordPress Themes Of 2011 this time I have listed 30 free themes for WordPress from the first half of 2012.So check out some themes to make your blog brighter.

Blue 3D WordPress Icon

Note – Some of these themes have free and paid versions so look for the free download link.

Click the title of each theme to see the demo and download details.

New: Also see The Best Free WordPress Themes For 2013 !

30 Best WordPress Themes From The First Half Of 2012

GameX WordPress Theme

A dark color magazine template with drop menu, wide featured posts slider and many more features.

GameX

WpMatrix WordPress Theme

A bright three column theme with a simple design.

WpMatrix WordPress Theme

Cool Retro WordPress Theme

A very retro design with a paper hand drawn desktop design.Features include search, subscribe icons and text size controls.

Cool Retro WordPress Theme

Zenshop Online Store Theme

A WordPress theme set up to be an online store.Home Page displays product thumbnails, built in checkout.

Zenshop Online Store Theme

Woody WordPress Theme

A magazine WordPress theme that comes in six colors, Blue, Black, Green, Maroon, Orange and Pastel.Social Ready, Slider Ready and two right sidebars.

Woody WordPress Theme

CryBook – Facebook Style WordPress Theme

This theme has been designed with an influence from Facebook.Though you don’t have to stick with the Facebook blue as you can change to four other colors.

Facebook Style WordPress Theme

Nublu – Free Premium WordPress Theme

This is a professional theme that has the look and feel of a premium theme.A bright design fitted with Featured posts section, social icons and latest tweets widget and 125×125 ads section.

Free Premium WordPress Theme

Photoria – Photography WordPress Theme

A theme perfect for Photo blogs with a large image slider and posts on the home page displayed by a large thumbnail.On post pages we find a right sidebar with social and subscribe section and more.

Photography WordPress Theme

Xenastore – Online Shop WordPress Theme

This is a great theme for your online shop with posts working as product pages and shopping cart ready.
Online Shop WordPress Theme

Yasmin Free Professional WordPress Theme

This is a very stylish theme that can be used as a portfolio, photo blog or even a personal blog.A drop menu, social icons and search bar can be found in the header.A huge featured posts slider sits above blocks of three posts on the home page.

Free Professional WordPress Theme

News Layer – News Magazine Theme

A feature packed theme with two drop down menus, Multi tabbed section and latest tweets widget in the sidebar and three footer columns.

News Magazine Theme

Imbalance 2 – Unique WordPress Theme

This is a minimalistic theme with a focus on content, would work well for portfolios.
Unique WordPress Theme

Axis – Theme With Full Screen Slide Show

This theme is perfect for Photography, Design and Portfolio sites.The entire background of the site acts as a slideshow with a separate design for blog pages.

Theme With Full Screen Slide Show

Danko Charity WordPress Theme

This theme was created for charity sites with integrated PayPal among the features.
Charity WordPress Theme

Jezz Business WordPress Theme

The Jezz theme comes available in 5 colors good for business, corporate, product catalogue, services or portfolio web sites.
Business WordPress Theme Free

Wp Lanucher Site Under Construction Theme

This theme is a placeholder while you are designing your site or preparing to launch.
Site Under Construction Theme Free

Responsive Theme

A simple theme for business or personal sites.
Responsive Theme

Balloons Unique Theme

Baloons is a cute theme with a unique design.Great for personal blogs or diary’s.
Balloons Unique Theme

Desire Portfolio WordPress Theme

Desire is another great portfolio website theme.The theme has a large slider, three call to action sections followed by two blocks of posts and three footer columns.
Portfolio WordPress Theme

Stumblr Theme

Stumblr is a beautiful two column theme with a right sidebar.Posts on the home page can be represented by a Image thumbnail or video.
Magazine wordpress theme

Delicacy Food Blog WordPress Theme

A blog theme with food blogs in mind delicacy has a stylish design with drop down menu and featured posts slider.
Food Blog WordPress Theme

Vitrine Magazine Theme

A two column magazine theme with a left sidebar.
Magazine Theme

The Scoop News Magazine WordPress Theme

A great theme for new blogs and sites
news magazine theme

WP-Ebuy WordPress Theme

This is an Ecommerce WordPress theme for business or store websites.
Ecommerce WordPress theme

Photum Photography Theme

A bright fresh theme to design your photos and images.It has a left sidebar with blocks of thumbnails to display your images on the home page.
Photum Photography Theme

Bunker, Portfolio WordPress Theme

Another portfolio theme to display your images and designs.On the home page posts are displayed as thumbnails, post pages have a right sidebar.
Bunker, Portfolio WordPress Theme

Truly Minimal WordPress Theme

As the name suggests this theme has a simple minimalist design.Bright and clear with the focus on content, this theme will suit your personal blogs.
Minimal WordPress Theme

Tech Go WordPress Theme

A professional design theme for Tech Magazine Sites.
Tech WordPress Theme

Green Life WordPress Themes

This is a great theme for Health, Nature and environment Blogs.The theme has three columns with a fixed width.
Green Life WordPress Themes

That’s the list which is your favorite ?

Drop Your Comments And Questions Below.

160 comments:

1. Really Beautiful Collection of WordPress Themes..

Replies

2. I have seen better collections but it doesn’t matter. The most important is that among your suggestions I’ve finally found the perfect template for me! Great thank you!

3. I have downloaded News Layer – News Magazine Theme. I am thinking to apply it for my upcoming android apps niche blog.Thanks for your recommendation. You have shared here great WordPress theme!

5. Totally awesome all themes. I really like it.

Replies

6. I totally agree with added soft all themes are awesome.

8. amazing list thanks sharing this list (wp themes) 🙂 keep it up

ReplyDelete

9. I Like The 5Th Theme.Thanks.

ReplyDelete

10. All those blogs are also very eager to interact with each other, which opens up the service to a lot of user engagement that creates even more activity and content for the site.

ReplyDelete

11. I can’t find several of these when I go into my WordPress admin panel under appearance/theme. Is there a special code? I do the theme search within wordpress but ones like Balloon, for example, will not appear. Any tips?
    Thanks! There are so many you listed that seem perfect for my revamping of my blog (much neglected)

Thanks!
    Jenna

Replies

12. You need to click on the name of the theme you want and download the theme.

So click on the name of a theme (in orange above the screenshot), locate the download link, then back in your WP dashboard under themes you will see the option to upload a theme.Upload the theme you downloaded (The entire zip file don’t extract the files).

Hope that gets it done for you.

13. I really like the “Tech Go WordPress Theme” but it don’t seem to be there..any idea where I can find it?..my Google search turned up empty.

14.

15. Wow that’s a superb collection.

16. Man..seriously
    A lovely collection
    Helped alot…

17. Beautiful collection
    love “WP-Ebuy WordPress Theme” it’s really very cool

18. Nice collection.

19. i love green life wordpress theme 🙂

ReplyDelete

20. Are these customizable? I’d like to add my own header, logo, colors, etc…? Thank you.

ReplyDelete

21. I have downloaded News Layer – News Magazine Theme. I am thinking to apply it for my upcoming android apps niche blog.Thanks for your recommendation. You have shared here great WordPress theme!

22. wedding photographer liverpoolAugust 14, 2012 at 6:24 AM

I loved the way you presented all the themes, i will be choosing for my photography website

ReplyDelete

23. What theme would be good for my website. Do you offer premium themes as well. above themes are superb. Much Appreciated

ReplyDelete

24. Nice set, starting to download some of them, thanks !

ReplyDelete

25. Best “free” themes? Misleading title, only 2 are free.

ReplyDelete

26. It’s really a good list of Free WordPress themes, I’m impressed. Will use a couple themes from here.

ReplyDelete

27. Wow… Thank you so much for the awesome collection. This post ended my search of theme! Choosing Delicacy Food Blog WordPress Theme! 😀

ReplyDelete

28. Nice collection. Thanks for sharing.

ReplyDelete

29. Good Coolection Nice presentation and view , easy to select and apt designing.

ReplyDelete

30. Hi, very nice and awesome template collection. Been searching for cool templates over google search and found your coolest template collection website. Thanks for share these templates!

ReplyDelete

31. Finally Moved from Blogger to Wordprees . And choosed a classic Template of this collection.

32. Best ever i will try one on my site www.deedfire.com

ReplyDelete

33. Interesting set, thanks. I’ll have a little trouble with choosing matching one 🙂

34. Orange County Bail BonsSeptember 5, 2012 at 8:33 AM

Great article thank you! just updated my wordpress theme with the one you displayed!

ReplyDelete

35. Are there any responsive themes on the list? Now customers ask about mobile readiness 1st thing.

ReplyDelete

36. thanks, i try “danko-free-charity-wordpress-theme” for my blog wp.

ReplyDelete

37. These templates are so awesome.I loved your collection, thanks for sharing great post.

ReplyDelete

38. awasome template, and the best for all its free….

39. this is toooooooo good all of thems thanx admin

40. nice collection,thanks

41. excellent collection

ReplyDelete

42. Great collection. I personally liked the NuBlue theme!

ReplyDelete

43. I have been using amtex in my site . After looking at this collection of theme, thinking of switching to one of them.

ReplyDelete

44. These templates are so awesome.I loved your collection, thanks for sharing great post.

45. It’s really very nice theme for wordpress
    webbee

46. Thanks for Sharing!!

ReplyDelete

47. I must download your online shop theme, can you tell me is it free always?

48. Nice collection

ReplyDelete

49. Its really good collection of best free wordpress themes. I like woody wordpress theme because we get this theme in six color.

ReplyDelete

50. This by far one of the best lists of WordPress themes I’ve seen.
    I’ve used several of these and WordPress is by far the best CMS out there in my opinion.

Can the themes in 2013 be better than this? Can’t wait to see. Thanks for the list.

ReplyDelete

51. great collection of themes. Thanks for the share,Now i have found new theme for my new blog.I will use gamex wordpress thanks once again…

52. I like most of them

53. thank you poster theme

54. Thanks for share

55. Ανταλλακτικά ΑυτοκινήτωνOctober 2, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Thank you its nice to find responsive themes for free.

ReplyDelete

56. Thanks so much for sharing these fabulous WP Themes!
    I like the Nu BluTheme and the Responsive themes best,
    but they are all great!
    Yvonne Finn

ReplyDelete

57. WordPress just gets better with age!!!

Some awesome work here and thanks for sharing

ReplyDelete

58. Hi,Great list of wordpress themes.Please suggest me which theme is better for SEO purpose ?

ReplyDelete

59. I am confused… I thought these were all FREE wp themes, as the title says, but some of them (like Vitrine and Newslayer) seem to cost $19.99 when you click on the orange title to learn more.

So, are they free, or $19.99?

ReplyDelete

60. Not all of them are free ….. I tried to download health related one, and you have to purchase membership for it ….

ReplyDelete

61. It’s A great List of WordPress Themes.Thanks For the List..

ReplyDelete

62. Hi, I was interested in using Thesis as my next wp theme…any thoughts?

63. This is amazing! but sadly the theme that I like is not free 🙁

ReplyDelete

64. Great, just what I was looking for my site.

ReplyDelete

65. Thank you, I’ve been reading so many recommendation about the best themes for wordpress, so far, yours is the most helpful. Thanks again

66. thank for sharing 🙂

ReplyDelete

67. thanks for the share – some really good themes here – im sure that i will make use of the majority of them.

ReplyDelete

68. Great themes, thank you for these!

ReplyDelete

69. Awesome Collection,Tech Go Link WordPress Theme is very nice…………………:)

70. Tks!

71. thanks for sharing this themes info 😀

72. Really wonderful collection of themes, thanks

73. Good collection of wordPress themes.. Thanks for sharing.. 🙂

74. PixelSparks DesignOctober 22, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Nice collection of wordpress themes here – my favourites are The Scoop and yasmin – both really nice.

ReplyDelete

75. Its really a great collection of such nice looking templates.Thanks a lot for sharing these free templates.

ReplyDelete

76. Well thats really nice collection of themes particualrly one premium type theme NUBLU which I am unsing in my next blog. Really Great… thanks one again dear…!!!…

ReplyDelete

77. Great List for WP themes. Good collection and Thank you so much for sharing these free themes.

78. istanbul evden eve nakliyatOctober 28, 2012 at 9:57 PM

very good themes

ReplyDelete

79. Great work! Some of the the themes I have already seen but some of them are new to me. Thanks a lot.

ReplyDelete

80. Very nice themes.Thanks for your great collection.

ReplyDelete

81. Kool themes indeed! thanks.

82. Nice collection

83. Thanks for cool collection! Cool retro theme looks really interesting

ReplyDelete

84. Nice one mate…i love those under construction themes. Thanks a lot…

85. Wery nice themes and blogs thanks

ReplyDelete

86. All of the themes are very useful for my Blogs!!!

ReplyDelete

87. Very useful theme collection. Thanks for all theme.

ReplyDelete

88. really a awesome collection.Keep it up.

89. nice templates so nice

90. android how to guideNovember 27, 2012 at 9:30 AM

One of the best collection, i have seen ever.

Thanks

91. TechGo is an awesome theme

ReplyDelete

92. Good Collection. I got some useful eCommerce Website theme. I was searching last 2 days. thanks for solve my problem. 🙂

ReplyDelete

93. very beautifull themes. but the best of all its free! nice share dude, you are awasome!

ReplyDelete

94. Nice collection of WordPress themes, thanks a lot.

95. wow, i really confuse to choose one because all theme is awesome! 😀

ReplyDelete

96. I had gone through your such amazing themes actually i was looking for such themes and with your help i am able to complete my task. Thank you so much.

97. Awesome theme. I have selected some for my client. Thanks for the post

ReplyDelete

98. Nice list of themes very unique and beautiful.

99. Good collections

100. Amazing collection…!

101. Very nice collections really good it’s awesome………..thanks

ReplyDelete

102. Great collection… but out of these themes GameX Free WordPress theme is best.
    Thanks

ReplyDelete

103. Really nice collection, thanks for share.

104. Nice collection, good overview, lot faster than testing one by one 🙂

ReplyDelete

105. Amazing themes i definitely appreciate it!

ReplyDelete

106. Thank you for sharing all great themes!

107. nice collection

108. Yes I like the yasmin theme. its unique and very good

ReplyDelete

109. Very nice collection of themes. Thank you for sharing!

ReplyDelete

110. Great post, some of the themes look nothing but stunning. I’ll probably use one or two of those for my sites.

ReplyDelete

111. So awesome wordpress themes !

112. Thank for template, this is nice collection of themes

ReplyDelete

113. I like the one with snails the best for some reason. So easy for people these days to have a stylish blog with all these templates.

114. Download Film Terbaru 2013January 4, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Nice Themes collection bro

115. Fantastic Post !

A few of the themes look absolutely fabulous.

Will definitely use one of these for my new upcoming website.

ReplyDelete

116. Great collection, thanks for share.

117. Great themes, thx

118. tweakyourblog.infoJanuary 8, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Awesome Collection Paul! Thanks!

119. joan | the backpack chroniclesJanuary 9, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Great collection. Thanks for sharing!

120. latest urdu and hindi poetryJanuary 9, 2013 at 4:32 PM

nice information

ReplyDelete

121. wonderful collection of themes….thanks for sharing it.

122. it’s the best

ReplyDelete

123. I love the healthy debates happening about device specific vs responsive design approaches. It allows for parties to see the light and dark side of each techniques.

ireland vacation deals

ReplyDelete

124. Thats really nice post, informative and helpful. Thumbs up to you… Thanks a ton.

125. minh minh vo minh tuJanuary 31, 2013 at 3:43 AM

Great article, I appreciate bigone, Thanks you very much, very good

126. Nehru Place MarketJanuary 31, 2013 at 6:44 PM

I was searching a list of free themes foe my Word-press blog and found it here. This list is really going to help me and i must choose one. Thanks a lot for this good collection..

ReplyDelete

127. Thank you very, very much!

ReplyDelete

128. What I can say is that all themes/templates you posted look modern unlike what I saw in other sites. Thanks. This post really saved me time.

ReplyDelete

129. I was looking for some responsive themes and I found one in yours collection :). What can I say – excellent work! Thx

ReplyDelete

130. Good collection of themes and I have selected one to use in my next blog.. Thanks for making my decision so easy. Gr8..!!!

ReplyDelete

131. amazing collection, i like GameX WordPress Theme, thanks for sharing.!

132. amazing

133. simply gud

134. very good themes gan

135. Awsome themes

136. Wow, i like Green Life WordPress Themes

137. ways to make money onlineMarch 23, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Thanks for the free templates 🙂

ReplyDelete

138. I have seen better collections but it doesn’t matter. The most important is that among your suggestions I’ve finally found the perfect template for me! Great thank you!

139. Thanks alot for this wonderful themes, wow, then 3rd one looks marvelous

ReplyDelete

140. w0w, an awesome collection. Specially, gamex is really excellent theme. Photoria is also nice. In fact you’ve listed the best themes. Nice!

141. adana evden eve nakliyatMay 5, 2013 at 11:04 AM

very nice excellent themes

142. Very Nice Collection
    Thanks

143. very nice excellent themes

144. Nice i love these

145. ucuz alışverişJune 22, 2013 at 3:38 PM

Xenastore – Online Shop WordPress Theme very good..
    Thanks..

146. Thanks, i find my own theme 🙂

147. thank, them good

148. thank for sharing

149. Awesome themes.

150. thank for sharing

151. Thank you!!!

ReplyDelete

152. Thanks a ton for sharing these themes… great – hats off..!!..

ReplyDelete

153. Well, 2 years after, Newslayer is still my favorite theme and I use it for my niche blogs.

ReplyDelete

154. Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of any widgets I could add to my blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter updates.
    I’ve been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping
    maybe you would have some experience with something like this.
    Please let me know if you run into anything.
    I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.

Take a look at my weblog … Jackie Chamoun Video

Replies

155. You can use something like Twitter Feed – http://twitterfeed.com/

156.

157. Some amazing WordPress theme you got here, good job, thanks. You really saved me some time.

ReplyDelete

158. I have used more than 20 from above.

159. I Like This Template Design, Because its very nice

160. nice template for seo, i like this template
    thanks for share…

161. woow nice themes.. thank’s for share

ReplyDelete

162. Wow. The quality of these themes is superb.

163. merci pour tous ces themes